Premium Video Drum Lessons
Take the FREE masterclass, "World Jazz Drumming" Today!
Mark is an artist/educator with the following companies:
World Jazz Drumming
If you've always wanted to learn more about Brazilian and Afro-Cuban rhythms on the drum set, come check out the FREE masterclass.
What you'll learn:
- How to deepen your level of musical understanding, groove and feel in songo and samba.
- Groove patterns from two percussion instruments considered to be the "heart and soul" of samba.
- Feels that can't be transcribed, but can be learned.
- The "fork;" what it is and how to use it..
- How to sound like a complete battery of percussionists.
- Phrasing in Brazilian and Afro-Cuban music.
- How to play the cowbell correctly.
- What's missing from Latin patterns you see in books.
- How to adapt Brazilian and Afro-Cuban rhythms into a jazz context.
- The relationship of 4/4 and 6/8 in Latin music.
- How songo has more to do with funk than most people know.
- How to refresh grooves using subtraction.
Mark Walker's "World Jazz Drumming" masterclass will help you strengthen your musicality, technique, time, rhythmic palette, listening skills, coordination, phrasing and creativity using Afro-Cuban and Brazilian rhythms.